Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Deny yourself...

Matthew 16:24 says very matter of fact "if anyone one wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me." Lord, I'm stuck on the deny yourself part. I'm so let down, so turned off, so hurt by some of my most respected colleagues. Their recent actions are more like immature children rather then dignified, educated and professional adults. Fortunately, you did not give me the ability to control the actions of others. As much as I want to go shake them or tongue lash them or wreck shop on them, you have called me to deny myself. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN? Lord, use this time in my life as a teachable moment. Let me not slide through this time leaning towards selfish ambition. You have created me for a purpose, a purpose that is far above anything that I can fashion for myself. I must act submissively towards you and others in authority. I must follow you towards the goal in which you have set out for me. I must do this in a way that draws glory and honor and praise and worship to you. Teach me to encourage and put others before me!

I love you Lord!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment