Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Retreat

Dear Lord,

I want to praise you for who you are! You are an amazing God that has plans so complex and perfect that I cannot and will not ever comprehend them. You are the God of the universe, you set the world into motion. You control the stars like a puppeteer. I long to glorify you with my life. It's the least that I can do. You grant me each day. I praise you that your mercies come new every morning. You are too good to me.

Lord, this is hard for me. It shouldn't be, but it is. Lord, I agree with you that I am wrong. I know that I have taken matters of life into my own hands. I have put my desires and wants over what you would have for me. I have sinned and done what is wrong in your eyes. Bring me back into right fellowship with you. Restore to me the joy of your salvation.

Yes there is joy in your salvation and I thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you for that. I am not mired in the pit of sin, but I am above sin, it has been washed away!

Father, I beg you for the students of the youth ministry. I pray that you would wear down their hearts right now. Leave them hungry all day at school. Give them an uneasy feeling in their hearts. I pray that your spirit would move so hard and fast that it would blow some of them away. I pray that you would bring these students into a real relationship with you. Reveal who you are to them. Reveal to them the worth and meaning that you bring to a life that is wholly devoted to you! Show these kids how awesome life can be!

I love You!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment